Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Key West, Big Pine Key

Another windy day, so I put in at the spot on Long Beach Road on Big Pine where I launched on Thursday.

 Coupon Bight
Never saw what was chasing  these fish

 


 
Eagle?


 

Channel from bight to ocean
 







 


 


 
 


 
 



 


 

 I paddled an alternate channel to avoid the wind. It was a dead end. So, I spent more time paddling.  Not a bad thing.
 




 
Landed
 Walking on a wet trail

 

Shell mound? Or just removed to make the trail/old road?

 
 
 
 
 

 


 

 As I drove back to Key West, hungry, I thought, I need to find a place with cold beer, a fish
sandwich, and a view.
Saw a sign across the water



 




 
Just what I was looking for.
 Kiki's Sand Bar on Little Torch Key

 


Kayak landing
 Starting on a bike ride

 


 


 




 


 


 


 


Dinner with Monica, Bill and Andy on Duval Street
 The owner of Martins is German, so I figured the wiener schnitzel would be good.  Not really.

 
And so ended another day.
 
 

No comments: