Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Wekiva River and more


Not an upside down anhinga.

         Reflection on the Wekiva River.
 The day began with a squirrel at Kelly Park

Rock Springs

















 Down Run view
 Up Run




 Back in the water

















Snapping turtle





























 On to Katies Landing


















































































About an hour after landing at Katie's, I was at Gemini Springs.







There is no swimming at Gemini Springs.  As the name suggests, there are a pair of springs.















 Biking out of the park
 The Springs to Springs Trail











 Green Springs Park



Local yokels can't read





Back on the bike





 Sanford, across Lake Monroe.

I was off the bike path, 'splorin.








Back on the Springs to Springs Trail


Return to Gemini


Lake Monroe again
 At a stop light on the way to my dinner destination.  Will have to go back

Dinner destination







 I think I did have gator, at Gator's

My plan was to end the day at Wop's Hops brewery in Sanford.  The GPS routed me to a dirt road.  It had been a while since I had been in Sanford, but this was definitely not downtown.  It had been a long day, so I just found the highway and headed home.


















No comments: