Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, April 4, 2016

Weeki Wachee

First, a few from Milwaukee.
 Snow at Mitchell Field
 Calvary
Good angle at the Grand Avenue
 Sunday, Estabrook Park
 Milwaukee River

The beer garden would not be open for a couple months.


 We called this place, "The Secret Spot", for family picnics.

Lake Michigan, on the way to the airport.
 Monday morning, Weeki Wachee River.   My sister, Clare, called as I was driving.  She could not believe I did not want anything from Mom.   My siblings were gathering to go over her will, and pick stuff they wanted.  I'm a bad brother, and went kayaking.  Or, I'm a good brother, and there was one less voice to the discussions












 End of the up Weeki Wachee paddle





I did join in the discussion about Mom's estate.  Good thing it began on the down river portion so I did not have to paddle as much. Eventually, I found a place to stop.
For about an hour






















Manatee


Unnamed creek to the Mud River














 Confluence of the Mud and Weeki Wachee Rivers










Some lousy manatee pictures



 It is sad that I am so far behind on my Tales, I can't recall the name of this restaurant
Near the end of the road




 Bayport Inn, that's the name.





 Egret eyes my dinner


It went away, hungry



Found out margaritas were on special after I had a rum and coke.


Need to visit on a Wednesday!








No comments: