Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Cedar Key Saturday

Dolphins off Cemetery Point during the third paddle of the day.
 But first, sunrise photos



 Unlike these folks, I was not in my kayak




 7:58, in the kayak. Launching from Airport Road


The City of Cedar Key is on Way Key, which is part of the Cedar Keys.  I have circumnavigated Way Key, Scale Key, Dog Island, Atesna Otie Key, Snake Key, and Seahorse Key.  Have never paddled to North Key.  That was the plan, this morning.
North Key
I did not make it.  Past Piney Point, the seas were rough.  After water came into my kayak for the third time, I turned around.   The Hawaii 5-0 theme in my head as I surfed back to the calm waters on the lee side of Piney Point































If wasn't THAT windy




 Classic Cedar Key cottages










 Landed after 2.5 hours. Landed kayak, not airplane.
 A few hours later, back on the water.








The island past Scale Key
I landed.









Walked about



May be time to get back in the kayak


















Magnificent figgin, I mean frigate, bird


















Not a dorsal fin. The iconic wreck in the Number 2 Channel


Landed at 4:30


 Launched at 6:45




































If roseate spoonbills photos aren't enough, here is video










186

No comments: