Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, October 7, 2016

Chipola River

 After a hearty breakfast at the Stone B&B, I was off to the Chipola River.
 Hopefully Frances will see this and remind me where she dropped me off.   After leaving the car somewhere down the Chipola and taking me back here.










Looks like I launched up River of Highway 90. Or perhaps I took several pics soon after launching at Highway 90.
 Patio on old bridge pilings


Spring?





 The Ovens


Very unique banks.






 Taking a break



Belted kingfisher

 A spring





Exploring a spring run

















This may be the Interstate. 10.


Camera over the side.  I do not think I swam.





Late in the day, a visit to Florida Caverns State Park

 Light at the end of the tunnel

















I did the tour during a later visit
 CCC worker statue.  A similar one is at O'Leno State Park.
The Santa Fe is not the only river that disappears.

 I was fed lunch at the Stone B&B.  But not dinner.

Dickey's is out of Texas, I think.  So, on subsequent Marianna visits, I have gone to the Florida standby, Sonny's.

No comments: