Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Fort De Soto, Boca Ciega Bay

Boca Ciega Bay mangroves
 The toll stop and go sign stayed red as I entered Fort Desoto. The little wrinkle meant the sticker was not being read.  And I had been paying higher, toll by plate rates, since I got the new car





That's a cool photo







Looks like I landed
And walked across a small spit of land in a cove to the Gulf














Long zoom














Manatee


Rental concession at Solider's Hole 

My nearby launch spot
Walk out on one of the two piers at Fort DeSoto









Lunch
On shore, not the pier

Dolphn






Time to see the family







Views from the top of the Fort




Don Cesar Hotel


Back to the hotel. 



Walk to the beach in Treasure Island
I was not invited to this fancy to do















I always can find my car.  There is a boat ramp at the north end of Treasure Island. No parking, so I had to drop off the kayak, find a spot in the neighborhood, and walk back.








Past a residential area, into Boca Ciega Bay

And some bird filled islands
























Black crowned night herons are sometimes skittish.  Not here.



















Sunset break as I waited for dinner





Order up!
Good thing I took the picture as I had no idea, 16 months later, where I ate.

No comments: