Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Santa Fe River and springs



95  Blue/Naked confluence

Deer on the way to Rum Springs County Park (Gilchrist County, I think)


Rum Springs


 Gichrist Blue Spring Run


I found a place to get out of the kayak and donned the snorkel gear
Gilchrist Blue was still a private park back in 2017.  With a $10 entry fee.  I knew the Park closes for a week or so during the New Year.  So, I was kinda sorta sneaking in.
Snorkeling up Naked Spring run





Naked spring





















Snorkeling up the main run to Blue Spring






Blue Spring

















Back in the kayak.  Other than anchoring my kayak in the run, I did not land

Caterpillars



\







In the Santa Fe River






Visiting the springs of Ginnie Springs Park.  Another private facility.  By private, I mean privately owned, public welcome, for a fee.















I think there are 7 springs on the Ginnie  side of the Santa Fe




























Snorkeling
































After paddling down, and back up the Santa Fe, I took a lunch break at Rum Springs

Back in the kayak, paddling up the Santa Fe
Spring



Spring






Spring








Lily Springs






















Spring







Back at Rum, I got in the water.








And, I was here, Cadillac Motel, High Springs




No comments: