Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Big Coppitt Key




 Underway from the Snell residence at 9:30

 A stop at Olivia's "Secret Island"
Sea anemone. I would not have known.  It is good to be with a 9 year old.
 Purple sea anemone.


Brown object is a small nurse shark. "Baby" said Olivia.  I saw a larger one, later. 3 footer.




Elena and Olivia headed in. One of them had not had breakfast.  Eleana said a quiche would be done in about an hour





One end of the island is a nature preserve.  This end, apparently, not.



 I have not see a tent here before.
 Or, a rooster








As Oliva was no longer with me, I do not know what this, wrapped around a mangrove root, is.  Sponge?




 The protected waters are like a lake.

 Complete with lake like activities like a jet ski towng a water skier


 Landed at 11:40.  The quiche was delicious.

 How could it not be, with fresh eggs?  I got to take some home.  Eggs, not chicken.
 Overseas Highway pics.  An uneventful, traffic jam free, drive home/







No comments: