Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Jourdan River. Kiln, Mississippi



My well decorated room at the Stone's.
Pitt Springs
Launch blocked
Econfina Creek, flowing fast after all the rain.  Time for Plan B
At the Pensacola Rest Area
 Plan B was a place I planned to paddle Sunday.  The Jourdan River in Kiln, MS. Now, I will have more time to paddle with Tom Gardner on Sunday.
I found the Jordan on a New Orleans paddling blog.
Here is a Mississippi Blueways site
http://ltmcp.org/jourdan-river-blueway/






I paddled up River







Artesian spring/well


Side channel























v



 Magnloia, above, root detail, below





 The launch is in McLeod Park.  A Hancock County facility with lots of campsites.  Many waterfront.



 A little bit less than two hours on the water.
Perfect hat for where I was and where I was going. 1996 Super Bowl Champions. Played in New Orleans
Sunset over Lake Pontchartrain
Family dinner, Gabrille's, New Orleans.  I had quail gumbo and a crawfish enchilada with my beer.


No comments: