Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, February 10, 2020

Little Lagoon, Gulf Shores, Alabama

If you are going to paddle 4 states in 4 days, you can't let a little wind stop you.  
I was in Gulf Shores to spend the night with my friend, Tom G.  Who was entertaining another guest for the weekend.  Who is much cuter than I. Hard to believe, I know.
Anyways, Jenny has only been in a tandem kayak.  The wind was blowing hard.  Not a day for a beginner.  So,  Tom, being a gentleman, did not join me.  That decision came somewhat late in the day, so I did not get on the water until 4:35.

Paddled into the wind.

Turnarond view
























Landed after just an hour on the water.
Had a nice dinner with Tom, Jenny, another couple, and their son, Dean.  Who I told had a wonderful name.  It's a family name, for those for you who don't know me.
I slept in Tom, Sr.'s condo. Which surely added to the resale value.  If you are looking for a condo in Gulf Shores, Alabama, let me know, and I will pass the word to Tommy G. 


No comments: