Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Suwannee River

Telford  Spring. The land bridge is under a couple inches of the River.
 A bit chilly to start the day with a dip in Lafayette Blue Spring after being dropped off by Dan the Shuttle Man.

 So, I just took surface pictures






On the Suwannee at 10:52.  Warmed up enough to take off my windbreaker before I launched.
















 Perry Spring.  No spring run, so it gets covered by the Suwannee when the River is high
Like today




 Hal Adams Bridge




Alligator Rescue Spring was not visible.  The stone marks the location.



Telford Spring

The land bridge was underwater.
As was I











Back in the kayak
 I have not paddle this kayak outside of Southwest Florida









 Peacock Slough

















 Running Springs
No place to land, as the water is high.




 Drew Bridge





 Bathtub Spring. Behind the limestone. Like Running, I was unable to land







 Convict Spring
 At the Suwannee River Rendevous



 Landed at 3:35
 My campsite



Spring House. My pre trailer place to stay
 Snorkeled Convict Spring











Usually, this ledge is just above the surface



















 Communal fire pit. An old sugar mill kettle?

 Another look at my site.

My meigjhbors helped me move the picnic table to the side with the view. 
Besides snacks, and lunch meat and bread for tommorw, I did not pack food.  I'll have breakfast here, too.  Good wifi as well.

No comments: