Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Dora Canal

On the water from Summerall Park in Tavares at 2 PM


Lake Dora






Sign says fishing bridge is closed. I do not know why.










I think that is a hospital complex in Tavares.





A bald eagle flew overheard. I failed to get a photo.

Back to the Dora Canal
Railroad bridge





Wells Street bridge



Highway 19 bridge

Past Highway 19 is where the Dora Canal shines.























US 441



Lake Eustis


















Back in the canal















Landed at 5:20
Began a bike ride on the West Orange Trail, from the Apopka Station, at 6:30.
This trail bridge was not built when I was biking the trail in late 1990's, early 2000's.




Turned back here.
The 414 Toll also was not around 20 years ago.
The bridge acknowledges Apopka's self clamed title as, "Indoor Foliage Capital of the World"









I pedaled past the trailhead park






About a 5 mile ride





No comments: