Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Myakka RIver


  I did not see the alligators when I took the picture

At Myakka  River State Park for a trailer camping weekend.  Not on the water until 10 AM.  My late arrival meant all 30 Wilderness Permits were gone.  That has never happened  to me before.  I put in at the launch near the Park Road Bridge
















Paddled up River






































The amount, and variety of birds on the Myakka River is amazing

















Arrival at Upper Myakka Lake









I took a lunch break
Back on the water












White pelicans
Black necked stilts






----------













Looks like a gator had a meal




















Landed at 2:15. To my campsite at the Old Prairie Campground. One of three in the Park.  I have been at Palmetto Ridge a few times before.
A drive on the Park Road-------

To ride my bike through the Meadow Sweet Pasture Gate



Remains of a ranch foreman's home





















The Birdwalk---------










At my campsite. To end the day, and look forward to the next.

No comments: