Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Silver Glen, and more.


 "More" included closing the day in the Ocala National Forest on Wildcat Lake. Above.

But first, I thought a cold morning would bring manatees into Silver Glen Spring.    I  had seen 20 or so in the Run, on December 31.









Manatees outnumbered people. 3 people in wet suits were in the Spring,  I was in my swim suit. 40 degrees or so.


















This was the first time I had seen manatees, in the Spring. As stated earlier,  I have seen them in the Spring Run.  20 or so on New Year's Eve.
I was on the Spring Run at 10.




This has to be the run from The Boils.  The opening of, "The Yearling"






Back on the main Run



More manatees












Grey catbird


Eagle on Lake George





































Little gators in a short creek near the mouth of the Spring Run















Back in the Spring RUn

























Landed at 12:20
The Natural Well Spring, below.

Boils Trail
Pileated woodpecker



Boils













Last manatee of the day.
I wanted to take a hike on the Yearling Trail, to look for scrub jays, but the parking area was full. I have never seen more than 3 or 4 cars before. 
Taking the scenic route to Juniper Springs. Saw Florida scrub jays. 





Juniper Spring





















Had to take an alternate route to Fern Hammock Springs 


















Had to take a picture of a Runaway Camper entering Juniper as I left.
Last stop of the day, Wildcat Lake.






























No comments: