Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Lake Wauberg

Back in August, I learned that Paynes Prairie State Preserve makes a good kayaking stop on way to the Panhandle.

The huge Park has more than prairie and bison, yes, there are buffalo in Florida.  It was a lake, with more familiar Florida wildlife.
This little guy was at the boat ramp as I launched at 5:58











One boat on the lake. An angler.




 




Beautiful early evening 




Bald eagle flies across Lake Wauberg






The lake got crowded when the orange and blue motor boats crossed the lake to another University of Florida dock. 4 boats on the lake. Including me.















Back to just 2 boats on the lake












Landed at 7:13.  The angler landed soon after.  We had a nice chat. His wife is from Merrill, WI. I told him I had just driven through there, last week.  He said he has fished Lake Minocqua. 

Saw about 8-10 on the way out.  Too bad it was dark.


No comments: