Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Blue Spring St Johns Snake Creek Honton Dead River












Put the kayak in at Blue Spring State Park Sunday, January 20, 2008. A "cool" 50 degrees with a "lake wind advisory" Perfect for manatee watching and few people on the River. I was protected from the wind in the Snake Creek and canal portion of the paddle.

Here's a map of the area.






The first three birds are a wood stork, black crowned night heron and yellow crowned night heron. All birds I don't see every day. The picture with the canoes in the background is where I launched at Blue Spring State Park. A manatee is in the foreground.




















I cheated. The manatee pictures above were taken from the boardwalk along the Run, not the yak. The wind prevented me from getting any publication worthy manatee pics while paddling.
.

2 comments:

March said...

like your pictures!

Dave said...

Thank you. I took a glance at your site. Different subject matter, but, I'd think you'd agree the subject helps the photographer,whether it is Versailles, or Florida riverene scences.