Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, June 8, 2009

Lake Park to Cedar Lake

My mom lives very near Lake Park, one of the world's best, in my opinion. Designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, who also designed some park back east, Center Park, or Mid town or something like that. He had a lot more to work with on the shores of Lake Michigan, then on a narrow island shadowed by skyscrapers.






I took a walk in the Park Friday morning, June 5, 2009. Lake Park is fortunate to have active volunteers, in an affluent neighborhood.
I always assumed green was the natural color for General Woolcot.







North Point Lighthouse, through the trees and crane restoring the Lion Bridge.






Another pedestrian bridge in the Park.











Indian burial site. I removed my cap.














My plan was to walk to the pavilion, down the steps, and head back on Lincoln Memorial Drive. But, inside the Pavilion I saw a sign stating the Lion Bridge was being repaired, so I had to investigate. The "Waterfall Ravine Project" sign also caught my attention, so I had to check that out.




















My Mom remembers the old waterfall. I don't. Should be nice when it is complete. A trail leads done the bluff along the falls to Lincoln Memorial Drive. Views from LMD.










Linwood Ave Water Purification Plant
Wildflowers

















Snake Hill

Staircase to the Pavilion

















Lake Michigan.

I took another trail back up the ravine.







To the park section of Lake Park. Cut grass, ect--although my Mom tells me they don't cut it as much as they used to and do nothing about the dandelions.








Back to Mom's.

Where I had breakfast, did a few chores,then waited for Steve R. to come by. Tom M picked us up and it was off to Jeff P's Cedar Lake cottage.
Kevin K and Jeff.

Three more days to write about. Stay tuned.

No comments: