Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

I feel like I'm coming down with the flu, or a cold.  Got the scratchy throat, weak feeling, tired. So I went to bed early, 10:30, Tuesday.   Would that stop me from my Wednesday morning paddle? Of course not. Fresh air and exercise is the cure.  It is now 9:45 Pm, after a two hour paddle and 8 hour work day. Not back to 100%, but feel better than I did last night.
 In the water at 8:40
Wood ducks

Great Egret




Red winged blackbird

Coots

I'm glad the great blue heron landed where it did in the reeds on the north end of Lake Nina or I may not have noticed the nearby limpkin.
Or the green heron, which flew away.



The usual anhingas on Lake Minnehaha.  And wood ducks.







The most seen item in the Yak Tales.  The covered bridge in the Lake Maitland-Lake Minnehaha canal. I always take a pic coming and going.


I was able to catch the green heron in Lake Nina.




Always neat to see pelicans fifty miles from the ocean.  Two on Lake Maitland near the Island of Sicily.



It had been a while since I've visited this scenic canal.


I don't know when I've seen an entire mallard family.





Landed at 10:55.

No comments: