Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

It's been a while since I've seen an alligator in the Winter Park Chain. Pre Dave's Yak Tales. So this little fella on Lake Minnehaha had to open this Tale.

As usual, I launched at Fort Maitland Park. About 9 am.

Required covered bridge going into Lake Minnehaha photo.



Wood duck convention.



The water in Lake Minnehaha was greener than usual.  I'm thinking algae growth in the May heat.  The much larger Lake Maitland did not have the green tint.


One person on Lake Minnehaha, a jet skiing resident.  Not out long.  I saw him buzzing about Lake Maitland, then heard him behind me in the canal, he passed me once out of the canal, and zoomed across to his parent's house. I assume, kind of young to own a lake front home



And these lakefront homes would be tough to buy on a first job salary.

 Obligatory covered bridge going back to Lake Nina and Lake Maitland shot.



Green heron, Lake Nina.


Landed about 5 to 11.  Next Tale, I'll greet you from Cedar Key.

No comments: