Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lakes Maitland, Nina and Minnehaha

In a man bites dog, or in this instance, alligator story, I saw more alligators on Lake Minnehaha this morning than I saw on the Hillsborough River, Friday night.   One.
 Launched at 8:53


 
 

 

 

Canal

 Lake Nina



Canal. 

 

 

 

Little gator on a private boat launch.  Best view I've ever had on the Winter Park Chain.  They stay well hidden.  I have only seen about half a dozen over the years.  Looked for more nearby, did not see any.

 

 


 
 Moor hens in the lily pads
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I went paddled back to where to where the gator had been. It was gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Landed at 10:45.   No one was on Lake Minnehaha.  A boat or two on Lake Maitland, two kayakers, and a bunch of yoga paddle boarders. A lot of Georgia and North Carolina plates in the parking lot. 
 
 

No comments: