Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, July 7, 2014

Cedar Key Monday

Up to catch the sunrise.  The above pic is 14 hours later, sunset.


 


 



 


 

 

 

After breakfast, on the water at 9:20.
Just the prow of the wreck visible, time to find roosting spoonbills.

 
 Redfish

 

 

 

 
 
 video
 

 

 
Looks like rain

 
Saw a sea turtle
 

 

It rained hard.
 View from the balcony, after it stopped.   Standing water in the Park.
Back in the yak.

 

 

 

 

University of Florida, Seahorse Key boat.

 
 
I figured it the big UF boat could make it through the shallow channel, so could I.

 
 I did. Barely. Which is why the boat docked where it did.
 

 
 

Dolphin at Cemetery Point.



 

 



 

 

 

 
 

 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 

Landed at 3:10
 
Remember the soaked Park?  All dry.  Not even a squish as I walked across.
 
 After riding out the late afternoon heat, back on the water at 6:35


 

 
 

Sunset time

 

 

 
 

 If the manatee that was in the area had poked its head up, I would have had a really good photo.

 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 Landed at 8:50
 For some reason, my legs wanted to stay in paddling position.
I got up to eat.


 

No comments: