Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Rock Springs Run

 
After 4 days kayaking in the Florida Keys, and my sister's wedding, I had to ease back into the work mindset.  So, I worked a half day, Tuesday, March 24, and went to Wekiva Springs State Park.
 On the Wekiva River at 2:15
 My first swallow tail kite of the season
 The sign states:  No Trespassing, No Climbing.

 I may have told them I hope they break their necks.
 



 Limpkins on Rock Springs Run




 



Snow!   Maybe.....not.  Pollen, perhaps.




 Hidden gator


 



When I took the picture, I only noticed the orange
 Not the blossom

 


Turned around at 4:42



 

Go with the flow

 


 
More snow 



 





 




 Turkey at Indian Mound
 
 



 



 



 



Tree, without jumpers.  Climbing it damages the ferns and can cause injury to paddlers below.











Landed at 7:25


 A deer, as I left the Park



 
 

No comments: