Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Wekiva River and Blackwater Creek

Had to work Saturday morning to make up for the half day on Tuesday. It had been a long 2 and a half days since I was in the kayak.
 On the Wekiva  River at Katie's Landing. 12:58



Usual down River paddle to start

 Across from Katie's.


 A kayaker ahead.  An angler?
 No, Luis, of Views From Our Kayak
A much better photographer than I.
Even with limited subject matter

 
 Hidden gator


 
Luis told me about an open channel that I had not paddled before.















 





 
 Hitchhiker


Blackwater Creek




 
 




 








 


 Back to the Wekiva
 


 
 







Speaking of Luis, he posted a similar photo to the one above a while back.  I had to ask where it was. Memory is first to go.







Landed at 6:17

To a noisy sand hill crane
 
Later, at home

No idea where, or why, but fireworks are always cool.
 

No comments: