Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Little Sarasota Bay

Morning walk about the grounds at the Ramada Inn



 



 

These photo were taken just before 10. Must have been after breakfast. Typical hotel spread. Free.
I was in a privately owned room.  The VRBO site said the breakfast was $5. No one asked. I did not volunteer.
Turtle Beach. Gulf one side, turn around
Lagoon/canal
Put in canal side



 


 
 

 Enjoy, but don't do a lot.  Besides, kayak
 
 The Gulf is on the other side of the dune
 Jim Neville Marine Preserve
 





As I download these photos more than a month after I took them, I recall it was windy on Little Sarasota Bay.  Good thing there were wind sheltered mangrove islands to explore.



 
Mangrove tunnel


 



I want to live here








 Green heron chicks in the mangroves at the end of the canal/lagoon



 









 
 


Landed at 2:45
 
 
 


 Beach walk
Brief snorkel
 Not much to see.  A few small shells on a sandy bottom.  My camera was working.
 
Headed home at 3:30, ready for the next Yak Tale.

No comments: