Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Rock Springs Run and Wekiva River



 Underway at 6:54 AM, on a Saturday morning

Thanksgiving escapee

Wekiva River
On to Rock Springs Run












Turn around point










Beautiful clear water.  Low in late fall, so no runoff from rain to make it browner and deeper





Must have been a race just before, or after my paddle.  Check in point.
Back on the Wekiva



Continued down the Wekiva, instead of up River back to Wekiwa Springs State Park



Stopped at Wekiva Island


Not to bad at 11 AM in December.


After my early lunch, I continued down River












.
New signs.  I have missed the campsite, paddling on the wrong side of islands in the Wekiva.




State is making it easy.  I liked having a challenge, paddling a bit longer if I missed it.

A third sign, make it a frikkin interstate.






Buffalo Tram.  A "tram" is a logging road.
Shell mound detail

Paddling back, up stream











Where's the yearly sticker?


Getting crowded at Wekiva Island.  Glad I got there early. Would never go in the summer.





Now why would the race organizers put a check in at the No Jumping or Diving Tree?  Because they don't care about the environment?








Landed at 2:10
I think these were from the car.
Cool bird.  ID welcome from by birding buddies.

These larger, and more colorful warnings began to pop up in all State Parks after a swimmer was killed at Blue Spring;

Walking around Sand Lake







Good afternoon for deer.



Wekiwa Springs.












Visit to the Ten 10 Brewery


I think they borrowed my album collection




I had the Pork Belly
And a growler of HavaKow to enjoy at home.

No comments: