Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

I had thoughts of going to Wekiwa Springs State Park before work this morning, November 4, 2010. But, when I woke up a 7 it was raining, with rain forecast all day. I went back to sleep. At 8, the rain stopped, and I was launching into Lake Maitland from Lake Maitland Park at 8:30.

As usual, lots of anhingas.



Heavy cloud cover, but no rain while I was on the water.




Unlike last week, this time I got some wood duck photos.





Out of Lake Minnehaha, back to the canal and Lake Nina.








Return to Lake Maitland


Howell Branch Creek

I paddled to the dam under Horatio Avenue.  Last time I was here, water was rushing over the top. After a nearly rainless October, there was no flow over the four foot or so drop.



Out of the creek.


Final female anhinga on Lake Maitland before landing at 11:00.  Only one other boat out on a windy, rain threatening morning.

No comments: