Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

La Florida
Drake on the dock as I shoved off at 8:38






Not sure if this is a peahen, as opposed to peacock, or turkey.






Muscovy ducks. Or, as I call them, commies.







More wildlife in  my neighborhood lakes than all weekend in northeast Florida

More from La Florida, "Land of Flowers"

As named by Ponce DeLeon, 500 years ago.










The kayak, despite a new tape job, is leaking.  I was hoping the water in the hold Sunday was left from hosing it out, Saturday.  Nope.  Not fast, just irritating.  I may have to take it in for a patch job.  Will be the second time.  Good thing I have two back up yaks.

The green eyeshadow indicates it is breeding season




Green heron pair in Lake Nina


Never seen a white mallard before.  Lake Maitland



This plane went below the tree line.  I wonder if it did a touch and go landing behind the Isle of Sicily





I did my own touch and go visit to the scenic canal at the east end of Lake Maitland.



Limpkin pair








Landed at 11.  It is Thursday night as I wrap up this Tale  The camping gear from last weekend is still on the living room floor.   I am leaving work Friday at 4:30, and headed here  $106.92 for two nights.  Hopefully I'll be on the lake by 6:30, testing the new duct tape job.  If it leaks, I brought two kayaks.  Silver River Saturday.  Salt Springs Run, Sunday, or maybe the Rainbow River.  Stay tuned.



3 comments:

Luis said...

The opening looks great. IMHO is missing the bow of the red yak to be perfect.

Dave said...

Thanks, Luis. Look a little closer.

Luis said...

I saw the tip of the red yak Master Dave. That will have to do it. :)