Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, April 19, 2013

Mill Dam Lake

Sunset Mill Dam Lake.  In the Ocala National Forest.  I am staying in a manufactured home on Highway 40, just on the edge of the Forest.  Got off work at 4:30, unloaded the car and was on the Lake at 6:40.

 Alligator
Looking back at lake front rentals
Great blue heron and sand hill cranes

Sandhill family.



Rainbow.  Scattered showers on the drive up.  It cleared for a beautiful evening

In addition to the Mill Dam Lake Resort, other properties on the lake are, Camp Kiwanis

And the Mill Dam Lake Recreation site in the Ocala Forest.  That's it.
 The sandy bottom lake is low.  This is the boat ramp at the Forest Rec Area.   Or rather, sand in front of the concrete ramp.  No big boats will be launching here for a while. Or, until the next tropical storm



My cabin
 Pulling out.  I have a pavilion on my right, and an empty, so far at 10 PM, cabin on my left.  There are 16 rentals





 Guarding the nest

Landed at 7:50.  The inside of the kayak stayed dry.  I did bring a spare yak just in case the new duct tape job failed


 Porch view
Living room view.

Not bad for $99.  Not per night.  For the weekend.  I cooked some Knorr rice on the gas stove, with a couple leftover country pork ribs for dinner.  I'll stop by the Winn Dixie in Forest Corners, on the way home from the Silver River, Saturday.   May get wet. 50% chance of rain.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Dave? Please get the hole in your boat fixed; I worry about you sinking.