Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

A great egret saw me off as I embarked from Fort Island Park at 8:15 this morning, Wednesday, July 24, 2013.


Headed east
 Turned around to position the sun behind me for better lighting for the anhinga picture.  The first of many.
 
 Ibis

 Wood duck and chicks

Tri colored heron

 I had followed them for a while, then they did the ol' confuse the predator thing. The two chicks swam fast to the right, mother beat a path to the left. Beating the water with her wings to draw attention from the evil kayak. I guess they realized I was harmless and got back together.



 Lake Nina turtles



The green heron photos turned out well
 Moor hen





I did not see any male wood ducks





 Three views of one great egret










Lake Nina


Melting kayak
It was not that hot. Over cast. Windy and then calm. And windy again

Dog Island





Just one boat on the lakes.  Seen but not pictured, osprey, red shouldered hawk, swallowtail kite

Landed at 10:30.  I will greet you from St. Augustine Beach, Saturday.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Was that kayak really deformed, or is that an optical illusion? I've heard that can happen, but I've never seen one in that condition.

Dave said...

Really deformed.