Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wekiva River and Rock Springs Run


I must not have been paying attention when I made my work schedule for August.  I have to work one Saturday a month.  For four hours.  So, I work one four hour weekday.  For the last year or so, I scheduled myself on Monday from 5 to 9 PM.  Giving me a 3 day weekend.  This month, I put down 9-1 on Tuesday.
On the water at Wekiwa  Springs State Park at 2 PM
 I wondered what River Patrol Volunteer was doing out on the water so late in the day. Other than picking up trash.   I saw two bags.  The Wekiva does not clean itself.  She wondered what day it was, seeing me on a Tuesday.



Young gator on Rock Springs Run

 

 
 
 

 

 



 

 
 
 


 Turned back around 4:30
 

 
 There is a doe back there. Somewhere.

 
 I saw three does, only one photo.
 

 
 

 

Limpkin

 

 
I have been seeing two bucks in the same area of Rock Springs Run for the last several years.  They, or their descendants were present this trip.





 I have been seeing two bucks in the same area of Rock Springs Run for years.  Saw two this trip. Until they went into the forest.  I went down Run. Looked back.
 One of the pair came back out
I paddled back up the Run for a better look

 

 

It was busy for a Tuesday with school back in session.  But, by the end of the day, quiet enough for a buck to come to the bank of the Wekiva to feed.

 
 

 
 
 
 

 


Green heron

 
 



Landed at 7:45
 
 



 

1 comment:

Luis said...

The Deer Master Strikes Back!!!!!!