Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Econlockhatchee River

I think this was my first time on the Econ since February, 2022.
Surprised to see a motorboat at Snowhill Road at 8:54 AM. They must have got an early start from C.S. Lee Park. Before Thursday's rain, they may not have made it.
I began the bike portion of my shuttle.
On the River at 9:35.
Every time I paddle the Econ I say, I have to do this more often.
I had the Econ to myself.
Tri colored heron
gdpvyk6AiN0MhVaKFcxcYgeke9cj23QSUB1wtYq_OQ9O3LaT2gjjAVJOm56H5nqcmRimq6raPqEoH/s320/P6090135.JPG"/>
I saw 5 to 10 alligators. This was the only one I was able to photograph.
Took a break at the Flagler Trail Bridge.
Still no one on the River. On the banks, anglers, hikers and bikers. The Econ travels through the Little Big Econ State Forest.
From the shore, I heard, "Alligator !" Heard a big splash, "Manatee!" "Manatees don't do that !" I then saw the manatee fluke. First one I have seen on the Econ. And I have been paddling it since 2005.
Finally saw a pair of kayakers when I landed at 2 PM. I thought, "These are the type of people youu read about on the news after they capsize". She, "I'm not liking this already" He, getting into kayak, music blasting, no life jacket, holding a Big Gulp cup. That will spill on 98 degree afternoon.

No comments: