Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Econlockhatchee River

On the water at 4:30 from the 419 Bridge.
I was going to paddle Rock Springs Run from Wekiwa Springs State Park. But, under an abundance of caution, most State Parks from Key West to west of Appalachicola are closed due to Hurriccane Hellene. As are County Parks and boat ramps. I knew I could launch at 419. The worst weather was just as I left work. No rain when I got on the water.
I paddled upstream from the bridge. The River is high and flowing fast. And that is after it was dropped over a foot recently.
FyOvgI2ZrPVLisRB9zdpLwUWZgDwf_Sbagf83bjZyvM3DA88RWMVzly8FOrIq8OBnIAHYpg_xsY9zrAJ1dDOMldBbFMbBG2feg5NRYlWRrZa2FgtymdBBlue2DR9jt0KqOwrLMCtPllzs9m_Qcjsprh3gj35j_p4M0OkSrd7IOjkmxx6op0dytw-b5/s320/IMG_2013.JPG"/>
It was windy with a hurricane in the Gulf, but high banks and tall trees blocked the worst of it.
Because of the fast current, I was paddling up River. Something I had not done since August, 2020.
Run off from a subdivision just beyond the treeline.

No comments: