Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, April 14, 2008

DeLeon Spring to Lake Woodruff

After my all day adventure to the Ichetucknee Saturday, I took it easy Sunday, April 13, 2008




spending 4 hours from DeLeon Springs State Park to Lake Woodruff, above, and back. A report is posted http://www.clubkayak.com/greenwave/trips.asp?op=showtrip&trip=193


After not seeing any major fauna Saturday, I was fortunate Sunday. Spotted two alligators, and even better, two bald eagles.
Below, not an eagle, a red shoulder hawk.









Cormorants near DeLeon Spring.


Osprey







Great Blue Heron.
Finished the day with a swim in the Spring. With its concrete retaining wall and somewhat small discharge-17 million gallons daily, it is not as clear and full of wildlife as other Florida Springs, but still makes for a refreshing dip. And, it could do nothing but help my right index toe, which when I took off my aqua sox for fins was quite purple. The legacy of stubbing it Saturday at Blue Hole Spring

No comments: