Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Haulover Canal

Space Shuttle Endeavor was scrubbed again today, Sunday, July 12, 2009. Rescheduled for tomorrow, 6:51 PM. I'll keep an eye on the weather, and if it looks good, head out after work.


It was worth it going to Haulover this afternoon. I was able to photo the "Florida Trifecta" from the kayak for the first time. Dolphin above.

Alligator.

Manatee.
Both the manatee and dolphin were in Bairs Cove, just after I put in at 3:30.
I launched directly across from the Cove, not at the usual spot at the end of the dirt road on the Indian River. Usually these on bank spots are occupied by anglers. Perhaps it was to late in the day to be fishing. Launching where I did put me closer to the Mosquito Lagoon end of the Canal, which would help me get out faster after the lift off.







Out of Bairs Cove to "Dolphin Cove", where two fed. I just missed one leaping of the water here. Only the splash remains as the other swims past











































































Son of a blog !. Here it is Weds. , I was 2/3 done & I lost an hours worth of pics and text. Fine. Just adding pics for now.














































































































































No comments: