Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha


The female on top.  You can draw your own inference.  As mentioned at the end of the last Tale, I did paddle the Maitland section of the Winter Park Chain this morning, Wednesday, April 25, 2012. In the water at 5 to 9.  Before I go on, a public service announcement.

If there are No Parking Signs along the driveway/boat ramp, why leave your car there?   Can't park in the lot and walk back?  Seems like I've said this before.  Like Saturday at Katie's Landing.  This time is was the same paddleboarder who blocked the launch area two weeks ago.  Seems like a nice enough gal.  Giving lessons to people.  But, how about a lesson in reading and common courtesy.  Sheesh, set a good example.  If I see her again doing it, I'll ask nicely, if she can't read or has some kind of permit. 

This coming from a man who will be parking in Handicap Zones in Key West this weekend.  With kayaks on the roof and a bike on the back.  Chauffeuring my sainted mother to wedding festivities for her eldest grandson.

Muscovy ducks
As usual on these lakes, a fine morning for wood ducks.
The canal is extremely low.  I wonder if motor boats can make it through, even with motor tilted.

Tri color heron

Mallard



Green heron
That's all for now.  Maybe I'll be able to finish tomorrow from Pembroke Pines, on my way to Key West.  Brother Pat has a business meeting there.  So, I'll stay overnight on the way to Arlo's (my nephew) and Ashley's wedding.
Photo Thursday night, at the Pub, in Pembrooke Pines.  Now, back to Weds.

Magnolia blossom
Chick

Mom

No comments: