Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, October 21, 2013

Cedar Key Monday


Saturday, I suggested we go for a sunset paddle.  Stephanie said why not do a sunrise one in the morning.
So we did.  After a fitful night's sleep for both of us.  The hide a bed was very uncomfortable, thanks to the center bar.  Stephanie, in the loft, said she either heard squeaking, or snoring.
On the Gulf at 7:16.
 Moon behind us






video
 Good thing the Crystal River nuke plant is shut down, or I would have been worried.









Fabulous sunrises. One, over the horizon, two, over the cloud bank.
Hitchhiker from a sponge fragment.


Saw a dolphin. My first of the weekend. Stephanie saw one during Sunday's sunset.  I missed that one, having forgot my wallet and had to back to our lodging.

On the water again at 11:18.  Just me.  It was agreed I would return at 1:30.


Bald eagle. One of two I spotted.
Pier at Astena Otie Key









Bird video
 Great egret on Astena Otie


Great blue heron, oyster catchers and more take advantage of oyster bars exposed at low tide.



Seahorse Key
 Grassy Key. I was ready to head back, until I heard a loud splash.  Had to be a dolphin.


It was
fbook vid

Dolphin watching put me past Grassy Key.
 About half way to Seahorse Key (full zoom). 12:20 PM, began to paddle back.






Ruins from the pencil factory days


I needed some pics of the Honeymoon Cottage from the water






 The/new/boat/ramp/looks/like/it/is/almost/ready.//Two/lanes,double/the/existing/single
ramp,below.
It/was/just/past/1:00.//I/was going/to land/early.//But then,Isaw/white pelicans/in the/distance.//Past/the
Number2/Channel.//Iset/out to/see/them.

Supervivid/enhances/black/skimmers'/colorful/beaks











 Time/stamp.1:31.//Timely/landing.//Stephanie/claims/it was/later.
Headed/out/of/town,30/minutes later///I'll/be/back/in/16days.

3 comments:

Luis said...

Whoaaa!!!! New header nominee.

Dave said...

Maybe,Luis,maybe.

Joanne said...

Spectacular sunrise pictures!