Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, October 18, 2013

Cedar Key




Under way on the Wacasassa at 9:05.




Stephannie at the confluence.  To the Wekiva River, right.












On the Wacasassa again
     




Landed/at/12:50.

A/few/weeks/ago,my/friend,Stephanie/told/me/she/would/be/in/town/and/asked/if/I/had/any/plans///
Not/really,other/then/kayaking.//Iwas/thinking/of/Sanibel/for/this/weekend.//We/got/aroom/at/the/Anchor
Inn///Then/came/the/shutdown.//Closing/Ding/Darling.//Need/to/change/plans//Always/places/available
in/Cedar/Key.//Except/this/weekend./Cedar'Key/Seafood/Festival.//It/took/some/looking,but/I/found
the/Cardwell/Cottage.





A/house,$129/night
Neighbor

Not/the/easiest/launch,but/we/managed.//From/shore,high/tide.
On the water at 4:30.  For those of you familiar with Cedar Key, the cottage/is/in/a/cove/north/of/Cemetery Point. I have taken a picture of the cottage before.  Following  dolphins.

  • 5-26-13-Yak Tale quote: "That got a dad and his kids watching from a dock into their kayak." That's the cottage, on the left. When I saw pics on the property website, I thought, "I can put the kayak in.



    I told Stephanie we could go to the No. 3 Bridge for white pelicans, or the No. 2 for roseate spoonbills  Choose the latter.




































    That's it for Friday's photos. More descriptions, later.  Maybe.

5 comments:

Brenda M said...

Really nice-looking accommodations!

Joanne said...

Looks nice. Would you stay at Cardwell Cottage again?

Dave said...

It/is/nice....but/tide/dependent.//As/a/last/minute/alternative/on/a
FestivalWeekend,it/was/great.//For/price,can'tbeat/Park/Place,for
kayaking,can'tbeat/Old/Fennimore

Unknown said...

thank you for the introduction and guidance to the wonderful Cedar Key! very nice spot to paddle :)

Dave said...

You are welcome, I enjoyed sharing it.
Speaking of which, may I share your photos?