Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Blackwater Creek

This time of year, when the heat can be unbearable, not to mention the crowds on the water trying to beat it, there is no better place to go than the Seminole State Forest and Blackwater Creek.

Where I can lock the gate behind me.  See gopher tortoise and turkeys on the drive to the launch spot at the bridge over Blackwater Creek.
 On the water at 6:40. P.M.  This was an after work paddle.
I went up Creek.
 Moccasin Springs campsite.  Another inch or two of rain, and it will be underwater.
 

 

 


Turned back about 7:30

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 
Landed at 8:13
 New, small rocks laid down at about half of the launch site.
And, a new kiosk.  No information.
Other than the builder's name. Thank you, Justin.

I do not recall grass growing on Sand Road .

 
Locking the gate behind me
 
 
 

No comments: