Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, October 23, 2015

Cudjoe Key and Geiger Key


Bill's, my brother in law, house.

 
 
Zombies have taken over WeCycle.  Picked up my t-shirt and wrist band.  What began with about 50 riders a few short years ago has grown to thousands of undead cyclists.  $5 for a wrist band helps defray some of the costs.
 On the water from the end of Blimp Road on Cudjoe Key

 


 



 


 
 


 See the line? Left of the windsock.  Fat Albert (blimp) tether.
 


 



 


 

 
 Blimp Road is on the bay side of Cudjoe Key
 Geiger Key, is on the Atlantic.

I stopped for lunch


 



 There was not iguana meat in my fajitas
 
Geiger Key Marina has a steep, concrete, launch
 
I went to the public lot next door
 I checked the puddle depth before driving in.

 
 
 

 
 
 Windy on the open water.
 I paddled in the protection of the mangrove islands.
 
 


 Checking on the car, tide coming in. Tides were extreme all weekend


 


 


 

 A short walk from the water to the car.
This is the rest of the parking lot.
This is what causes high tides.
 

No comments: