Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, March 14, 2016

Cedar Key Monday



 Early bird gets the clams








 Rebuilding the tower at the former Seabreeze.  As I write in September, the deck is gone.  Hurricane Hermine.






I like a challenge


















I like to think the Kayak Cedar Keys planter, above, has fewer plants as it shows the keys and the Gulf.


Checked out and checked in the kayak












































The hard to get, stretch/yawn






Not sure why no traditional landing photo.

 Adding content at City Park


Bike at the RR Trestle Nature Trail






 Just the tip of the Number 2 Channel wreck sticking out of the water.


 The trail is full of informative signs advising what you are viewing




 Back on the bike.  The short Railroad Trestle Trail is walking only.





















Feeding on the wrack line
Cedar Key State Museum.  While on the bike ride, I stop at Kayak Cedar Keys.  The place on HWY 24.  I asked about non customers launching there, near the Number 3 Bridge.  No, but the employee gave me good advice about how to put in at the State Museum.

So I did.
A bit of a walk to the water
















Paddling a new part (for me) of Cedar Key to get out of the wind on the Gulf.




 Black crowned night herons












Landing
 A few pics from the car as I headed home.








No comments: