Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Sweetwater Day 5. Juniper Creek

The morning walk.








 There are 2 canoes at the cabin.  Having my own kayaks, I never used them.  New, since my stay a couple years ago is a coupon for 2 free rental canoes at the Juniper Springs Recreation Area.  I asked if I could use it for a free shuttle, instead.  My request was granted.
 I was the first one at the launch.  Left the kayak, then followed the van to the takeout.  Where I left my car and was driven back to the launch.  A reverse shuttle.




Fern Hammock Run.  Years ago, I paddled to the Spring a couple times. The buoys were not present.













 Deer and alligator


























Nice place for a lunch break





















  Back on the Creek

























With the reverse shuttle, my car was waiting at the take out.   Which allowed me to stop for lunch, and paddle past Juniper Wayside, and back.


I went back to Juniper Springs



























Fern Hammock Springs

















Mill Dam Lake.  Borrowing the wi fi

Back at Sweetwater

No comments: