Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Salt Springs Run




A new location of Daves Yak Tales, but from a familiar place. The Ocala National Forest. I've written about Salt Springs before, visiting it after paddling the Silver River. Today, Saturday, September 20, 2008 I paddled from the Salt Springs Marina, just outside the Springs, 4.3 miles to Lake George, pictured above.




I have a report on the Green Wave Forum,






Here are a few more pictures.

Returning to Salt Springs Marina. I landed in a grassy area to the left of the building. Less grass the usual-Fay.




I can now add manatees to alligators, bald eagles, deer, monkeys and bear to what I've see yaking in and near the Ocala National Forest.



Hammock beyond a shell mound where I got out of the rain and had lunch.
Great egret and moorhen outside Salt Spring.

No comments: