Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sanibel


Leaving Myakka River State Park

Arrival at Ding Darling NWR, Sanibel

During the 2 hour drive, I did what I always do.  Listened to NPR.  And heard the sad news from my adopted hometown.  The massacre at Pulse.



















































Landing after a 2.5 hour paddle



To the Indigo Trail



Blue, Blue Goose bike racks




View from the observation tower. The new one, not the one on Wildlife Drive.





 To the beach











 Could not take the usual walk to the end of the fishing pier.





 Only 3:30, but a typical hot June day, and the only available AC was in the car.

So, I headed home.  Listening to NPR about the events in Orlando.  As I think about it now, 9 months later, my local station did an outstanding job reporting on the massacre and its aftermath.  I just made my first public radio donation.



No comments: