Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minehaha

The usual paddle before my late day at work.  In the water at 8:40 am

 Lake Nina turtles




Through the canal to Lake Minehaha.
 Anhinga, male.
 Moor hens
 Great egret
Anhinga, female.


 Great blue heron
 Wood ducks


I missed a great otter photo.  I big one, grey chin fur.  Looking at me from a dock.  I snapped the shutter, the camera was off. Pressed the on button, by the time the lens extended, the otter slid into Lake Minnehaha.  I waited awhile for it to surface.  It did not as I watched.








 Blue heron
This water pipe is usually a foot or so above the surface as at the west bank of the canal.  The result of half a foot of rain over the weekend.  Glad I was out of town.



I saw four other boats.  1 paddle 3 power.


Landed at 11.

No comments: