Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Myakka/Day/2


    
Began/a/walk/on/Cabin/Road/7AM/Saturday,August/3/2013.






Cabin3.

I/was/in/2.Of/five



Path/to/number/5


Looks/like/2/is/most/affected/by/high/water.


On/the/paved/Park/Road
Campground/Fire/Circle



Butterfly/Garden/outside/the/Ranger/Station


The/River

From/Friday’s/storm/I/assume



Nice/picnic/area,just/inside/the/Park






Back/to/Cabin/Road




Cabin/One/is/an/ADA/cabin.
The/ramp/to/door/comes/in/handy/during/rainy/season.
Above/the/water
I/have/to/walk/a/muddy/path



Little/House/On/The/Swamp


I/should/have/read/this,Friday.
Esp.,paragraph2




There/are/mice/with/orange/paws/in/the/cabin


The/bag/was/not/empty/when/Iwent/to/bed
I/did/not/see/the/varmints/but/this/explains/nighttime/noises.
Townhouse/Crackers/were/untouched.
I/showered/ate/breakfast/and/put/the/yak/in/at/the/rental/concession.


Underway/at/9:50

Why/oh/why/does/the/State/have/airboats?
Thankfully/it/went/the/opposite/direction.



I/had/never/paddled/north/on/UpperMyakka/before
Always/making/the/short/paddle/to,and,over,the/dam.


 Osprey

Until/today.








Still/waters/make/nice/pictures,but,
In/Florida/in/August/a/breeze/is/welcome.


The/purple/blooms/are/water/hyathinch
Invasive
And/pervasive.


Bird walk



Gator swim



I/wanted/to/find/the/location/where/the/Lake/narrows/into/a/River/again.
Or,Clay/Gully/a/stream/just/southeast.



Perhaps/they/are/through/here
Or/I/did/not/go/far/enough.
Thanks/to/Katie/W.for/aflower/ID
Hibiscus/grandflrous
aka
Swamp/rosemallow
I/turned/around






Myakka/Outpost.
I/went/on/to/the/dam.
"On/to"as/in/over.
The/other/side/of/the/sign/has/appeared/in/previous/Myakka/Tales.
Reads/Keep Off.
I/turned/around/soon/after.

Landed/at/12:20



To/the/Outpost/to/eat/lunch/and/add/pics/to/yesterday's/Tale.
The/usual/Day2/steak/sandwich

 Anhinga/hidden/in/the/tree


Back/to/the/cabin.
 I/brought/charcoal
And/firewood.....see/the/ring?

Stepped/out/on/the/picnic/table/for/some/cabin/pics.

 And,tree
Drafted/more/of/Friday's/Tale,then/began/a/bike/ride

Stopped/at/the/Visitor/Center







Got/off/the/bike

 There/are/39/miles/of/trails/in/the/vast/Park

 Trail/got/wet.
I/headed/back.








After/a/half-walk,I/was/back/on/the/bike.

Stopped/at/the/Birdwalk


.
On/the/bike/again.






 I/think/that/may/be/a/hog/trap.

Flooded/picnic/area.

Back/on/the/Cabin/Road.
 A/two/hour/exploration.
11.11/miles/on/the/odometer////I/declared/an/armistice
Brat/in/the/marble/rye.
I/considered/heading/to/the/beach/about/20/miles/but/decided/to/stay/in/the/Park

Wildlife/on/the/way/to/the/Outpost.
Where/I/downloaded/a/few/more/photos.
I/thought/the/Canopy/Walkway/would/be/a/great/spot/to/see/the/sunset///High/above/the/trees.
Off/I/went.
 Trail/to/the/tower/wet//but/walkable.///I/was/in/my/aquasox
Water/getting/deeper/dark/deeper/in/the/hammock///I/turned/back.
 On/the/bridge/enough/waning/light/for/couple/photos
So/ends/full/day/at/Myakka/River/State/Park

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I can't see all the pictures :^(
And I really want to, because I've never been able to paddle upstream from the big lake.
I also wonder why there are giant airboats in a state park.