Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

Mostly Lake Maitland, this morning.
 Launch from Fort Maitland Park at 9:03



Dog Island.  No eagles this morning.


To the border guards

The Maitland-Winter Park border.




 Cormorants and anhingas
 


Far off, but from the white patch, I'm thinking buffleheads.
 Mobile

 Trash into art
If you want to call it that
Now this
 Is art.


I saw a gathering of great egrets as I paddled to the boundary cypress trees, but when I turned around, they were gone.









Lake Nina
 Got excited when I heard heavy equipment as I approached the former covered bridge.
Alas, only nearby sewer work

Brief stop on Lake Minnehaha









Landed at 10:40 am.  The MetLife blimp should have been 400 miles south.  To herald the arrival of
Cannon Duke Haskell.  Son of Camila and Evan.  Brother of Phineas.  Born at sunrise.

No comments: