Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, September 19, 2016

Cedar Key


 Grasshopper?  Outside my door at Mill Dam Lake
More outside my door



As I write this on January 2, 2018, I just got back from Mill Dam Lake. Which is much higher.

After breakfast, I was off to Cedar Key



Shark off Atsena Orie Key

Crossing to Snake Key




Snake Key eagle




 Looks like an eagle to me. Above.


























Returning to Atsena Otie














Island Room Restaurant, below.  Devastated by Hurricane Hermine's storm surge on 9-2-16 
Lower level damage at 83 West, the former Seabreeze

 Hurricane damage at the Island Room.



 Not FEMA tents
Pirate Invasion Weekend
 Hermit crab orgy
 Pilings where docks were before Hurricane Hermine

Dock walkway in parking lot
It should be on the other side of the ramp from the one below




Inside 83 West

A limited menu, but open.


Doing what I can to aid recovery efforts.

Not my red kayak


 Back in the kayak



Old wreck in the Number 2 Channel
Newer wrecks


















Spoonbills and mangroves made it through the storm




Dock damage.  Nature's Landing.








Dolphin
















Storm surge driven sand in City Park

Leaving my favorite resilient little town.  I'd be back soon.

No comments: