Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Rock Springs Run

7377
Paddling up Rock Springs Run after work today, I heard something large to my right. Deer or bear? I then heard it in the trees. Deer do not climb trees. I looked, but could not see it. On the way back down, I had the camera ready when I came to the area where I heard it. Something was moving, and breathing heavily, in the vegetation, now on my left. I'm thinking, could be a pig. Then, again, I heard noise in the trees. This time, I saw the bear. The current swept me past. I paddled back. Could not see it at first. Then I did. There were two opportunities to get a picture of its face. I missed both. I have never heard the sound it is making. In the past, I have heard more of a breathy sound.



Bear call





No comments: