Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Chipola River, Holmes Creek, Econfina Creek


 7519

And several springs.  Including, Maund Spring on the Chipola, above.


Underway, from Yancey Bridge, at 9:41 AM.  8:41 Central
Frances S. out in front.

Sandbag Spring
Hand over the side





















.





.

An old map at Yancey Bridge called The Ovens, "Bat Cave"
For good reason

Thanks to a headlamp, I went deeper into The Ovens caves than I ever had before.  









.










.A visit to the Hinson Conservation Area and the Alamo Cave



If not for my guide, I would have missed the cave

Frances's day on the water was over.  I continued down the Chipola.

..











Maund Spring




















p2300




























.






















Landed at 2.
On Holmes Creek at 3:10















7588


.




.



.




.




.




.



.




p330






No comments: