Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Ichetucknee


 Saturday, March 25



Did a partial car-bike shuttle. Dropped the kayak at the last takeout on the Ichetucknee River.  Last take out in Ichetucknee Springs State Park.  I then drove to where I would take out. Linda D's place on the Santa Fe River.  A 1.6 mile bike ride, on dirt roads, back to the last take out.

My paddle was not in the kayak.  So I biked back.  Tire went flat.  More of a slow leak.  I pumped it up about 3x on the ride back to Linda D's place.  There, I changed it, and pumped it up with the non frame pump.

The second tube went flat just as I was crossing US 27 into the Last Take Out. Both initial flats were sudden. After that slow leaks.  I hope it is valve issue.  Presta.  First time I have used them on the off road bike.  I will go back to Schraders.
The Last Take Out closes at 6PM, so I locked the bike outside the gate, just in case.
I was not on the water until 11:52. So late, other paddlers and tubers were already getting off the water.










































8775

No comments: